Friday, July 3, 2009

Welcome Message

Hello all.
My name is Tony Chan and I am located in Edmonton, AB. I have taught a wide variety of subjects in Junior High and High School over the past 25 years with both rural and urban districts. Just over 7 years ago, a little man named Andrew came into our lives. My son helped both my wife and I to refocus our priorities from being workaholics to something much more civilized.
I have been in the MES program at the UA for the past 3 years now and am finally finishing off my 2 electives this summer (I hope). My last option may or may not be a go due to lack of enrolment at this time. My focus over the past 8 years has leaned heavily towards technology and I am the DH of Technology at my high school in Edmonton.
I am very excited about the topics that we will be discussing and exploring over the next 6 weeks as I tend to be a bit forward thinking and like to try things "outside the box". Should anyone want to contact me in real time, I am on Skype under the name tony_in_edmonton. If you see me on-line, feel free to call me up.I do look forward to our time together in this course. Happy reading!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Tony, what is the other option have you signed up for? When does it start?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori.

    Harvey is trying to start the course towards the end of August and continuing into Nov.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tony,

    I too am looking for another course. What is the course topic?

    Whom do I contact?


    Thanks a lot!

    Shirley J

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are offering the follow-up course to this one in the fall - Joanne de Groot is teaching it.

    If you are interested you could take that as well - it is a tech integration course.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley J.
    The final course that I am hoping to start in August is a curriculum methods course directly aimed at teachers of computing science. There is a new curriculum and a new university entrance exam for computing science that starts this fall. If there are not sufficient numbers enrolled, then I may be looking for another course as mentioned by Jenn this fall.

    Tony

    ReplyDelete